Serial Numbers, Product Codes, PINs, Activation Keys, Enrollment Keys, Usernames, Passwords, and more—together with professionally presented Instructions, Warranties, Rules, or whatever customized text is required—easily managed and automatically delivered to your customers from your Magento store.
What are Serial Codes?
There are many business models that require the sale of products with unique Serial Numbers, Product Keys, PINs, Activation Codes, Enrollment Keys, Game License Keys, Usernames, Passwords, Contest Codes, ID Numbers, etc.—the list goes on and on. In an effort to assist with discussion and avoid confusion, we have adopted the term "Serial Code" as shorthand for any piece of information that must be uniquely issued for each individual product sold. This term is used throughout our documentation, and is also used by our extension within the Magento Admin Panel. It contains two parts—the type of Serial Code (e.g., Serial Number) and the actual value of the Serial Code (e.g., 12345A67890).
Screenshot Gallery (click on image to enlarge)
- Easily manage and automatically deliver Serial Codes for any standard Magento product type—Simple, Grouped, Virtual, Downloadable, Bundled, or Configurable. Fully compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition.
- Choose to automatically issue Serial Codes based on customer group, checkout success, or when an order is invoiced and paid. Supports the option to create multiple invoices per order.
- Simple interface for installing or updating Serial Codes in bulk, with full editing capability including mass updates.
- Allow inventory stock quantities to be continuously updated based on remaining available Serial Codes.
- Automatically assign Serial Codes to deferred payment orders as "Pending" without actually issuing them to the customer until the order is invoiced. Allows for more effective tracking and inventory control. Pending codes are automatically returned to "Available" status if the order is cancelled.
- Send customizable notifications to administrators and/or others when remaining available Serial Codes are getting low.
- Add Serial Codes to existing products in your catalog. No need to reenter products to use this extension.
- Issue Serial Codes by individual product and store view, have several products and store views issue from the same Serial Codes pool—or both. Allows for translation of Serial Code types and customer messages or notifications into multiple languages.
- Track issued Serial Codes by customer order.
- Issue Serial Codes to ordered items and/or deliver them to customers by email directly from the Admin Panel.
- Add, delete, or edit Serial Codes on existing orders.
- The ability to issue Serial Codes for Bundled products to the parent product, to any or all of its child products, or to both at the same time.
- Issue Serial Codes for Configurable products from either the parent product or from its child products. The Serial Codes will always be assigned to the parent product.
- Issue Serial Codes based on Simple product Custom Options. Using Simple product Custom Options in Magento disables tracking of inventory stock quantities.
- Automatically withhold issuing of Serial Codes for standard Magento deferred payment methods ('Check or Money Order,' 'Cash On Delivery,' 'Bank Transfer') with the ability to notify customers that Serial Codes will be issued upon receipt of payment. Additional deferred payment methods from specific payment modules are also supported.
- Show Serial Codes issued to registered customers on orders in the front end—or not. This feature can be turned on or off for individual products and store views so that some products may show their Serial Codes and others may not.
- Notify customers by email at checkout of issued Serial Codes based on product and store view—or not. This feature can also be turned on or off for individual products and store views.
- Customizable Serial Codes email notification templates that can be assigned to individual products and store views containing Instructions, Warranties, Terms, Rules, or whatever customizable text is required for that product. Allows for translation into multiple languages.
- Send notification emails individually by product purchased, group several products within a single email, or both. Or send each individual Serial Code in its own email.
- Notify customers on checkout success page when Serial Codes notification email(s) have been sent.
- Assign (by product and store view) an email type (Warranty, Instructions, etc.) that will appear within the success page notification and can also appear within the actual email itself. Allows for translation into multiple languages.
- Limit access to individual Serial Codes maintenance activities in the Admin Panel to specific users and roles.
- Magento translation tools enabled for translating this extension into other languages besides US English.
The Serial Codes extension has been designed and tested to be compatible with the following Magento Community and Enterprise Editions:
Versions 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 1.13
There are currently no known incompatibilities with any other Magento extensions. Please let us know if you have any problems.
While this extension will issue multiple Serial Codes for each product ordered based on quantity, it currently has the ability to issue only one Serial Code type per product and store view (translatable into multiple languages). If more than one Serial Code type is needed for a product, the work-around is to merge the codes and separate them with delimiters (we like using the 'pipe' symbol for this, but any symbol can be used). For example, your store sells online subscriptions that require a Username and a Password for the customer to gain access to the resource. You could use the following:
Serial Code Type: Username | Password
Serial Code: member0003 | 4321!z9876#
This will appear to the customer as:
Username | Password: member0003 | 4321!z9876#
Note that spaces are allowed since they may help with legibility.
Software License: This software is licensed under our Commercial Software License Agreement.
If you have any questions about this extension or its applicability under specific circumstances, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll answer your questions to the best of our ability. The screenshots in the image gallery above should help you envision the simplicity of how it all works together. You can also take a look at our instructions page to get a better understanding of this extension's effectiveness for your particular application.
As always, ModifyMage Solutions wishes you the greatest success in all your online sales endeavors!